1. I have a blast doing them! Seriously- we have fun!
2. It’s a chance for us to get to know each other better before your wedding day. I get to see how fabulous you are, along with what kinds of images you’re after, what you like, what you hate, and what you’re up for when it comes to your wedding photos. This really allows me to do the best job possible on your big day. Your wedding is all about enjoying the moments, and it really helps when you already feel totally comfortable with your wedding photographer.
3. They are fun! Sorry, but it’s worth repeating.
4. As much as you will love your wedding pictures, it’s nice to have some images of you and your love bug in your everyday clothes. In some ways, I think engagement pictures are even more personal than your wedding photos- it’s my chance to capture the two of you in your everyday duds, goofing off, at places you like (maybe actually visit regularly), when you are comfortable and relaxed. If nothing else, it gives you a little variety on your walls.
5. Perfect for that big print by your guest book.
6. Perfect for your actual guest book too. I now offer custom designed guest books featuring images from your engagement session. A fun spin on the traditional book, and your guests get a chance to check out all your hot engagement images while they sign.